10.09.2005

This is such a great letter to the editor from a high school junior. Sure wish more young people would become activists! Here's the letter:

I disagree with C.M. Hallwood about the remarks about President Bush made at a Kearsley High School powder puff game ["Bush needs our support," Your Views, Sept. 26, Page C6].

I am a junior at Kearsley and played in that game. The powder puff game was meant to be fun, and everything said was to not be taken too seriously. Also, I do not think the announcer's remarks about President Bush were anything that you wouldn't hear anywhere else, especially around here.

If the announcer's remarks offended, the right thing to do would have been to take it up with the announcer, not whine in a letter in The Flint Journal.

Or better yet, why don't you announce the games so everyone can hear religious and right-wing views instead of good-humored jokes?

The Kearsley area tends to be a hard-working, middle-class area, but with Bush's help the whole state of Michigan is now leading the nation in unemployment. Thank you, Mr. Bush. I find it hard to understand why anyone in Michigan would be fond of Mr. Bush.

His irresponsible policies mean most jobs are going overseas. People in every township, county and state know of someone who has been senselessly brought home in a body bag from Iraq.

Also if free speech "should not be involved at a school sporting event," how does that make it free speech?

With unemployment and the national debt soaring out of control, my generation is going to have to pay for it.

I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me. I love America, too. I just want it to be here for future generations.

Katie Pickvet

Flint

Share/Bookmark

No comments: