1.19.2006

"My home town paper, no less. Well, I guess they are almost right around the corner from Google and stuff..Anyway, it turns out:The Bush administration on Wednesday asked a federal judge to order Google to turn over a broad range of material from its closely guarded databases".

And this email I received today:
"Subject: How to call information w/o a charge! I have put the number into my cell phone and It really works. :)
Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 or more for 411 / information calls when they don't have to. When you need to use the 411 / information option, simply dial 1 800 FREE 411 or 1 800 373 3411 without incurring a charge at all except for the minutes required to make the call. This is information people don't mind receiving - Pass it on. Works on home phone also".


btw, haven't tried this yet but will & will be interested to receive info back from my blogsphere friends to see if, indeed, it really does work!

Finally: Since I will be attending two reunions this year, I decided to purchase my first digital camera & don't have a clue where to start as far as what to ask for & where to purchase it, etc. I want to be able to post pics on the Internet but not anything real fancy or expensive... would appreciate any feedback I can get.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

jc said...

Just checked out the 411 number thing to make sure it wasn't a hoax - the snopes site says it's true

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/free411.asp

Karen said...

Thanks jc, I'm always leery of those forwarded email chain thingies; sure glad to know that, tho. There's lots of times when I'm on the road I need to call info for a number & wow, does that add up on the bill! I've now got a phone book in my car but sometimes that doesn't work, either.