5.12.2006

FRIDAY FUN!
The following quotes are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place...

ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?

WITNESS: No, I just lie there.

_____________________________________



ATTORNEY: What is your date of birth?

WITNESS: July 18th.

ATTORNEY: What year?

WITNESS: Every year.
_____________________________________



ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?

WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

______________________________________



ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?

WITNESS: Yes.

ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?

WITNESS: I forget.

ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

____________________________________



ATTORNEY: How old is your son, the one living with you?

WITNESS: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.

ATTORNEY: How long has he lived with you?

WITNESS: Forty-five years.

_____________________________________



ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?

WITNESS: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"

ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?

WITNESS: My name is Susan.

______________________________________


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Jack K. said...

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle, and a tee hee hee. lol

Jay Noel said...

Oh man, that's funny stuff.

So that one lady's son is either -7 pr -10 years old???

puppytoes said...

once again... funnyfunny stuff! don't know how/where you manage find these things, girlfriend, but i am so glad you do! you always brighten up a friday (a good thing on a day like this, where it's raining cats and... ahem... dogs in connecticut!) : D

Jolynn said...

My name is Susan. That's funny and yet horrible all at once.

Unknown said...

Whenever I read these I think it's kinda sad. I just can't imagine how bad the US education has fallen with such pathetic responses. But they're funny. So funny.

Here from Michele

Anonymous said...

Funny and sad.

Eli Blake said...

I fully believe it.

I served on a Grand Jury up until just about a month ago.

And yeah, there were some pretty funny things that people said and did that wound up in the police reports and we heard all about it.
Unfortunately I don't know what I can tell or what I can't, but we heard about people who were dumb enough to take pictures of themselves committing crimes, cases where police were investigating a burglary and said something like 'be careful with that box, that's where I keep my marijuana,' and all sorts of other stupidity that criminals sometimes exhibit.